South Lincoln County is an all-season mecca for the outdoors enthusiast. The Bridger-Teton National Forest begins only 30 miles north of Kemmerer. Bypass the crowds at Yellowstone and get a truly remarkable experience in South Lincoln County. In the area, you can:
- Hike at Fossil Butte National Monument
- Hunt all types of wildlife
- Fish the fantastic Hams Fork River
- Snowmobile in the Hams Fork Recreation Area
- Boat at Lake Viva Naughton or Fontenelle Reservoir
- Camp in the Bridger-Tetons
It’s all possible within a 30 minute drive. Kemmerer needs guides, outfitters, lodging, and restaurants to keep up with a growing outdoor recreation economy. A large KOA-type campground would be especially attractive near the intersection of U.S. 189 and WY 233 – the gateway to the Hams Fork Recreation Area.